When we launched the Blogger Template Designer to Blogger in Draft in March, you gave us a lot of feedback and suggestions. Our blog post received nearly 1,000 comments and many of you shared your blog’s new looks on Twitter using #newbloggertemplate. Since the launch, we fixed many bugs and added even more themes and background images. But the Blogger Template Designer has only been available on Blogger in Draft, which is why we’re excited to announce that the Blogger Template Designer is now available to everyone.
How you look online is important, and everybody wants to look unique. With the Blogger Template Designer, you can create your own blog designs through:
- Beautiful new templates. We’ve designed 19 brand-new templates, with more on the way. You can quickly give your blog a great new style by selecting one of the new templates.
- Separating design from layout. Designs are completely defined in CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), meaning that any design can be applied to any blog layout, making templates more flexible and unique.
- Hundreds of free, professional background images. We’ve paired up with iStockphoto to offer you hundreds of gorgeous background images at no cost.
- A single control to change all your design’s colors. With other platforms, users have to define every color in their blog separately, making changing the color theme of your blog a tedious task. The Blogger Template Designer lets you change all the colors in your blog at once, by changing the Main color theme.
- Pixel-perfect layout manipulation via smooth resizing. You can define your layout down to the pixel via sliders that update the blog’s preview in real time.
- A real-time preview sits below the design control panel. Watch your blog update as you create your template design.
- Keeping it simple. Throughout the Template Designer we use hierarchy to hide complexity from you.
- Complete control. Under the advanced tab, you can override a design’s CSS and enter your own CSS in the editor and see your blog’s preview updated in real time.
- Cross-browser support. Blogger handles cross browser support for you, so you don’t have to. Want a design with rounded corners? We give it to you in Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome.